Tuesday 15 April 2014

Spring Skin

Hi guys! I'm writing this post whilst on the way to France (expect a haul in the next few days!). I used to be all for heavy coverage, matte foundation but recently I've been enjoying dewy, fresh looking skin so I want to share my 3 favourite bases and blushes with you as I think they're the key products to achieve a glowing, natural look perfect for spring and summer time!




Bases:
I have one foundation, one BB cream and one CC cream to talk about! All 3 sit really well on my oily/combo skin and last for a good 6 hours at least without leaving my face looking like a disco ball.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
This is such a cult favorite and I totally see why. It gives quite good coverage but still looks natural. It's a really good base for spring time as it doesn't cling to those dry patches you've got from winter and glides on really smooth.

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream
I was a bit skeptical about the whole BB and CC hype, but I really love this new release from Bourjois! The colours run quite dark, but so do all bourjois bases so I would get the lightest shade if I were you. It tones down all of the redness from spots and acne scaring I have and sinks in to the skin so it feels like you're not wearing any makeup.

Garnier BB Cream
This has been my go-to base product for the last few weeks since the weather has got a bit warmer and I've wanted something a bit lighter. It's really moisterising and feels like the perfect mix of foundation and moisteriser.


Blushes:
I don't think there's anything quite like a bright blush to add a pop of colour and bring a bit of life to your skin so I'm going to share my 3 favourites which are all from the drugstore and around the £6 mark, so super affordable!


Topshop Cream Blush Afternoon Tea
This is definitely my favourite cream blush I've ever tried, it's a cream to powder formula so lasts for ages and blends really easily as it's so creamy.

NYX Blush Rose Garden
This is a beautiful coral shade with a slight shimmer so it really adds some light to the face. The packaging is lovely as you can see the colour through the lid and it's really light, so can be popped in your handbag.

Sleek Blush Pink Pixie
This is my favourite of the 3 blushes. It's the most pigmented and I'm a huge fan of the sleek black packaging. Pink pixie is a slightly blue toned bubblegum pink, so looks great on pale, cool toned skin like mine.


I hope you liked this post guys! Be sure to tell me what your favorite bases for spring time are as I'm always on the lookout for new products to try :)

Jess x

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete