Sunday 5 January 2014

Lazy Day Post #3

It's been 3 weeks since I've done my last lazy day post (oops) but due to Christmas, new years, eating 10x my own body weight etc etc, I haven't been doing very much interesting stuff to tell you about. But with the holiday season over and school term beginning again, I have some cool stuff I want to talk to you all about.

Craft by Lou Teasdale
Words cannot describe how excited I am for the release of this DIY book in April. As I'm sure many of you know, Lou is my absolute idol, I just think she's perfect in every way, shape and form and I am constantly inspired by her hair, makeup, fashion and life in general. So I'm sure you can imagine how extatic I was when I heard she was releasing a book about all of her industry tips! It's available to buy in April but you can pre-order it on Amazon now for about £11 I think! (Mum, if you're reading this, my birthday is in a month remember hint hint ;) ) and aparently Gemma Styles models in it too- what could be better?!




Interesting Boots Finds
I live in quite a small town which sadly means a very small Boots, so I often don't get the full range of products that you can find in bigger stores. Recently I hit the January sales (and I hit them hard). Whilst I was at Meadowhall, I saw some unusual products in the huge Boots that I've never seen before and left me very curious to know more as I haven't seen them in the blogging world either!

The first was a primer from Maybelline called 'baby skin'. I assume this is from the same collection as the baby lips. I didn't pick one up whilst I was there because I always like to read reviews of skin products before I try them, so if anyone has tried the baby skin, please let me know because I'm guessing it's a drugstore dupe of Benefit's POREfessional?

The other producs that really caught my eye were the Revlon lip butters in blue and purple. Am I the only one who has never seen these before? I assume they are for colour correction, but I was drawn in my the lovely packing :P

Tweeting Life
I am relatively new to twitter, I've only had it about a month or so but I'm already totally addicted! I get really excited every time a youtuber or well known person notices me, so here's what I've been fan girling over this week; Estée (essiebutton) is one of my favourite youtubers and bloggers favourited my tweet which I thought was pretty cool :P


But then something even better happened, I tweeted Fudge Urban, who are a hair styling product company (Lou just happens to be their embassador!) asked for the link to my blog and tweeted about the review of their products so I was SO pleased!! :D


Matching Berry Lips and Nails
Obviously berry lips and nails are one of the biggest trends during winter, and I just love to match my nails and lips. In this photo I'm wearing MAC Rebel and Essie Bahama Mama, both of which are deep purple berry shades.


New IKEA Storage
I was eyeing up MUJI storage for the longest time, but I wanted something that would fit in my drawers because I didn't really want my makeup on my desk, so I was really pleased when I saw these lovely acrylic storage tubs from ikea! They fit perfectly and store all of makeup. I might do a post on all my storage for makeup, brushes etc if you'd like to see that? :)


That's it for today then, let me know what cool things you've been up to recently :)

Jess x


2 comments: