Tuesday 14 January 2014

Favourites #4

Hi guys- sorry for being a bit AWOL for nearly a week now (oops). I'm such a bad blogger so here are my excuses; it's been the first week of school. That's it, sixth form basically takes over my life, that includes blogging unfortunately. As much as a loved blogmas, I sadly cannot blog every day because I just don't have the time, or the lighting, to do so :( I know I haven't been keeping count of my favourites posts very well, but I think I'm on my fourth one now so we will go from there :P


Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
I really love the bourjois happy light, so I was excited to try this formula and compare! I think I like it even more than the happy light and I've only been using it for about 4 or 5 days. Although I have shade 51 in both formulas, this is much lighter and fits my skin colour almost perfectly. It makes dull, dry skin look healthy and glowing, but not shiny. It doesn't last all day, but maybe a good 5-6 hours before it starts to become slightly patchy, but nothing a bit of powder or concealer can't fix. I love this foundation and it smells really nice too!



Tea Tree Pore Minimiser
This is a somewhat dupe for benefit's POREfessional in the way it's a skin coloured primer claiming to smooth out the appearance of pores. But unlike benefit, this product doesn't contain silicone and is actually a spot treatment as well as a primer, so it's great if you have problem skin.


MAC Highligh Soft and Gentle
I've already talked about this product quite a bit, but it's seriously so amazing! I get compliments every time I wear this (from my grandma, that counts right?!). It gives a beautiful glow to the skin and looks gorgeous when it catches the light. I put it on the tops of my cheekbones, on my cupid's bow and on the bridge of my nose to achieve that 'sun-kissed' radiant look :)


Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Extreme-Plump
This lipgloss is seriously amazing and unique. Although the colour and application are pretty average in terms of lipgloss, the formula is incredible! Wait for about 30 after application and your lips start to tingle, it's such a unique concept. It makes you pout and pucker up your lips for the 'Botox' effect (in a good way). It's such a cool product and I've really been loving it all month, especially because I have naturally small, thin lips.


Fudge Urban Coconut Hairspray
Again,  I've already mentioned this product recently, but I've been using it every day for weeks now. Not only does it hold your hair style all day without any crunchiness, it smells like coconut and fruit- what more could you want in a hairspray?


IKEA Storage Tubs
This is a bit of a random favourite, but how cute are my new tubs? They were only £3 each (I think) and I use mine for nail polishes and makeup brushes. I just think that they look really simple and classy.


I hope you enjoyed reading what my favourite bits have been. Expect a few more hair posts in the future as I'm really in to looking after my poor, poor hair right now ;)

Jess x

5 comments:

  1. So much beautiful products! I've bought the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation a couple days ago, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting products! Id like to check out more things from the Body Shop so thanks for the quick information over the product mentioned above!

    AmberandLace

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice products i think i may have to check out the body shop product
    beth-stocker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I've nominated you for the Liebster Award :) check out my post. Love S xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tea tree range and I'm thinking about getting the pore minimiser - sounds promising! Lovley post x

    ameliaheart.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete