Sunday 19 January 2014

Blonde Maintenance

Hello lovelies; how has your week been? I have had mocks and stuff at sixth form so I've had no time for blogging which makes me so sad :( as some of you may know, I have changed my hair colour sooooo much! Right now I have silvery white hair and I love it! But keeping your hair light blonde without any brassy tones can be quite hard work and bleached hair is so damaged and often looks it too. So today I have my top 5 products for keeping light hair ashy!



Fudge Clean Blonde Violet Toning Shampoo
I bought this stuff after I saw Lou Teasdale say she uses it. For 1litre, it cost me £12, which I think is excellent price wise. It smells so good, like sweets and cake, and comes out a very dark purple, as you can tell from the picture. You don't need very much to cover your hair, only 1 or 2 pumps because it easily foams up. The results really do depend on how long you leave it on for. If you just rub it in NAND wash it out straight away, it simply eliminates any yellowness and gives your hair a silver tinge. Leave it on for 5-10 minutes, and you will have lovely pastel lilac-blue hair that washes out with a normal shampoo!

Bleach London Silver Conditioner
Again, another product for getting rid of brassiness. For just £5, this stuff not only gives your hair lovely cool tones, but leaves it feeling like silk. Plus I think the packaging looks amazing!

Bleach London Reincarnation Mask
Having bleached hair obviously means it's very dry and damaged so it's so important you keep it nourished and moist. This is by far my favourite mask I've ever used. I leave it in my hair for up to 30 minutes for the best results, but if I don't have much time, it still leaves my hair soft with just one or two minutes in my hair. Even if your hair isn't bleached or dyed, I would definitely reccomend picking this up just to reduce split ends or fizziness.

TIGI Bed Head Mini Headrush
This product is an anti-frizz spray that leaves a slight shine and shimmer to your hair, nothing glittery though, don't worry! Sometimes ashy blonde hair can look so dull, so this spray just adds a bit of shine and makes your hair look really healthy. It smells like you've just been to the hairdressers if you know what I mean haha!

John Frieda Frizz Ease Heat Protectant
Obviously the main way to prevent further damage to your hair is by not using heat, but I know it can be hard when your hair doesn't dry in to a perfect style naturally! I just spritz this all over my damp hair and run it through with my fingers for even distribution before blow drying. You can also spray it on dry hair before styling with heated tools to prevent frizziness.

I'm always on the lookout for new products and reccomendations for my hair, so let me know if you have any :) Thanks for reading guys!

Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment