Tuesday 17 December 2013

TAG Beauty Talk- my responses

Hi guys! I've been having a bit of a long hard night and didn't know what to post, I'm in the process of writing a huge advice article addressing lots of common, teenage problems so if you have any questions you want answered, don't hesitate to ask!:)

So a lot of you have been asking for my answers to the tag I created and I haven't actually publishedvmy answers yet! Obviously I made the questions with products in mind, so if you want to know all about the particular products that inspired this tag, them keep on reading! :)

What products have stood out to you this year?
Definitely the maybelline colour tattoos, especially in on and on bronze! I have ridiculously oily eyelids so it's a miracle if something even lasts half the day, but these babies have all day staying power! I have also loved the origins zero oil cleanser because it takes away the excess greasiness on my skin with out over drying it, plus I got it for a discounted price at the cosmetics company outlet store :)

Which makeup items would you recommend for young girls or people who are just getting in to beauty?
The MUA undress me too palette is lovely for beginners because it has a wide variety of neutral shades both on the warm and cool end of the spectrum and is only £4 or £5- bargain! I would also reccomend my favourite concealer, the rimmel wake me up does it's job like no other, not only does it brighten up the eye area, but it covers blemishes, not stick to them which is great for someone who perhaps doesn't quite need a full coverage foundation, but needs a bit of something to hide redness!

Favourite high street and high end beauty brand?
From the drugstore, it has to be either Maybelline or Bourjois! Rimmel do some great foundations but the Maybelliene eye products can't be beaten for the price, especially the falsies mascara! And bourjois have outstanding face products, I would happily reccomend any of their foundations and I am currently loving their happy light foundation, plus they have the best bronzing products around :) for a high end brand, it has to be MAC! I just think the quality of their eyeshadows and lipsticks is unbeatable and they are definitely worth the bigger price tag.

Most disappointing product you've tried?
It would have the be the benefit they're real mascara because I just couldn't get on with it :/ it no means was it a bad product, but it just receives so much hype in the beauty community and I don't think it's worth it, especially for the price being around £20.

A beauty item you use everyday?
My body shop Chocomania body butter or soap and glory sugar crush body wash. I love really sweet smelling scents and these two together creates the perfect combination! :) the reason I didn't pick a makeup item is because I kinda pick makeup based on my mood for the day so I don't reach for the same things all the time, plus I like to try lots of new products :)

What are you essentials for winter?
A good conditioner for your hair! I use Tresemme total moisture everyday and my hair hardly ever gets frizzy or dry! Also a good makeup remover because I tend to wear more makeup in the winter so it's important you cleanse your face thoroughly afterwards, I use garnier rose cleaning lotion which brings all my makeup right off and it's a milky texture so it adds an extra bit of moisture to my skin to prevent it from becoming too dry!

Your favourite product for a dramatic, party look?
A dark, matching lip and nail! I just love berry shades right now and my favourite combination is either Topshop lipstick called up or Revlon just bitten kissable balm stain crush on my lips paired with Essie Bahama mama on my nails (and if I'm feeling extra sparkly, I have an accent nail using barry m yellow topaz)

What's on your Christmas wish list? (beauty wise....)
Well this year I have asked Santa for half of the MAC store haha! So we will just have to see what he brings me....

I hope you liked my answers :) this is such a fun tag to do because it covers many different aspects of makeup.

I tag you all to answer! Check out the #TAGbeautytalk page to find out more details :)

Jess x

5 comments:

  1. My video of this tag: http://katysbeautysecrets.blogspot.com.au/2013/12/tag-beauty-talk.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow thank you for answering! I can't wait to go watch it :) xx

      Delete
  2. Loved doing your tag sooo much! I'm looking for some people to do guest posts with on each others blogs, and was wondering if you'd be interested in doing a guest post for each others blogs?

    If you'd like to, my contact is Caseyslifeandotherstuff@gmail.com

    http://caseyslifeandotherstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

    Casey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Maybellline colour tattoos I forgot about them, love.

    Its a great tag answers every question you ask, and who doesn't love talking about all their favourites and reading about other peoples :):) I did the tag too

    http://wednesdayswwpink.blogspot.com.au/2013/12/beauty-talk-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! I loved your answers too :) xx

      Delete