Monday 30 December 2013

December Favourites

Hi everyone! It feels like I haven't done a favourite in ages, probably because I haven't :P but I've been trying out more new products and wearing a bit more makeup this month, so I have quite a few stand-out favourites to share with you!

White Tartan Scarf// Urban Outfitters
I've been at ikea today and I got some amazing makeup storage that is very similar to the Muji range so look out for a blog post on that soon! :) anyway, it was so rainy and windy so I wore my favourite scarf, this white tartan one from Urban Outfitters. It was £16 which I don't think is too expensive, especially for UO! I love the classic tartan print and I think these colours look really traditional and it's so long and soft. It isn't too thick either so you can avoid looking bulky.


Happy Light Foundation Shade 51// Bourjois
I was a bit skeptical to buy this foundation after reading mixed reviews online, but after seeing Anna from Viviannadoesmakeup do a blog post on it, I was sold. It costs £11.99, which is on the higher end of the drugstore price wise, but it's worth every penny. The amount of product you get in one pump is the perfect amount, not too much so you don't waste any. I would say it gives medium coverage, hiding any redness or blemishes without being cakey. It's one of the only foundations that lasts all day on my oily skin without becoming shiny or wearing off. You need to be careful when choosing a shade however, you only have the choice of 5 colours, and they're all pretty dark so if in doubt, go for 50 (the lightest shade). The finish is radiant but not shimmery like Rimmel's 'wake me up', I would say it had a satin look to it.


Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish Highlight// MAC
I have been itching to get this for months and months now but I could never justify spending more than £20 on a highlighter. I always seemed to think highlighter wasn't an essential product because it didn't make that much difference but I couldn't have been more wrong. I've worn this every day since Christmas and I've received so many compliments on my complexion (mainly from my grandma, but still..). It's such a large pan too so I know it's going to last me forever! I use the Real Techniques duo-fibre contour brush to apply this because it gives a light dusting so you don't end up looking like a disco ball because that isn't a good look ;)


Effaclar Duo// La Roche-Posay
I first saw this skin care product in one of Tanya Burr's videos and it sounded£ like the perfect treatment for my combination skin, claiming to reduce pores, moisterise and clear spots. However, I just couldn't seem to find it in Boots, probably because it's only available in the really big Boots, you know, the ones that have everything in them! But luckily, Santa (my lovely mother) managed to get their hands on some for me. I use this morning and night all over a freshly cleansed face and all I can say is wow! This is my absolute saviour now, I'm in love. It really does everything it says on the packet and if you're looking for something to clear up any skin problems, then this is definitely for you :)


Snob Lipstick// MAC
Another MAC product I have had my eye on for a while but for one reason or another, hadn't picked up yet. At £15, MAC lipsticks are at the lower end of expensive lipsticks but they're worth like £100! Ok maybe not that much, but they are the best lipsticks money can buy. They're smooth and creamy, they last all day, they come in a billion shades and finishes (matte, satin etc etc) and they smell like vanilla! What more could you want? ;) you can eat and drink whatever you want and you don't have to worry about your lipstick fading. Snob is a gorgeous cool toned baby pink and I love it on when I'm wearing fake tan.


What have been your favourite products this month?

Jess x

6 comments:

  1. MAC lipsticks and foundation by far!! Can't believe I've only just discovered them x

    http://lipstickandsparkles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing! I only have a few in my collection so far :P xx

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I love that scarf!

    life-of-libby.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They have it in loads of colours too :) xx

      Delete
  3. I have nominated u for an award on my latest blo post! ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much! I will check it out now :) xxxx

      Delete